Of thoughts and worrries and about making it all go away
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Panic No 1
I quit my job! Yay hurray, please prepare the confetti!
This is a big leap, considering I an afterall, leaving a comfortable job, a routine I have grown so used to for after two years. But I know that, I will leave this company and it is a matter of when. Might as well get it over and done with and on to bigger, newer and more exciting challenges in life.
Although I am not a particular fan of my current (soon to be ex) job, I have to admit it has its perks and fun moments. Unfortunately, it was mundane since I first stepped in. Things were not moving as fast as I thought it would go and I couldn't wait to leave. Thankfully, my colleagues are a bunch of awesome people. Always motivating, willing to help each other out and I think being part of the same generation and having similar backgrounds really helps to bridge any gaps we might have. I am very very thankful for the wonderful people I have met during my course of work.
Besides the worry of a change in environment, I have yet another worry. Inbetween the jobs, I get a two week break. I want to go on a holiday, but I have no one to go with.
Honestly, I don't mind travelling along, the only problem is, my parents mind. So where do I find some travel companions? Most of my friends don't have enough leave because it is so late into the year. I went online to search for travel buddies but everyone just looks very dubious.
Alternatively, I was thinking I could travel to NYC to meet up with David because it is still afterall travelling with a friend? Just that I am not that keen on cities. I want to see stars and majestic nature.
This is the view on my office desk.
Uluru? Yes please! Northern lights? Yes please! Mountains and volcanoes? Yes please!
So I am just very confused now!! Where should I go?! Does anyone know anyone who is willing to travel with me? For two weeks? End Sept? Feeling a bit desperate here.
I need to make a choice soon! Its off in 1 month!
Panic No 2
Upcoming diving trip in Tioman. Oh my god, that is panicking the shit out of me. Namely because I cannot swim far and I have never thread water beyond 1 minute in my life.
Dacia and I were freaking out last night because it was out pool session on Sunday. So freaked out I jioed Casslynn to see if we could go for a practice swim on Friday night.
I think if there wasn't a swimming component it wouldn't be so bad?! I asked my cousin but he said no need to know how to swim just need to be water confident. But I am scared, as are most of my friends. (Luckily so we are all in this together!) What if they ask me to swim 8 laps?! I cannot leh! I need to go and oractise.
Panic at the swimming pool.
But no matter how scared I am, I want to swim with turtles and seals. So fuck it okay, I can do this!
Giving myself numerous prep talks throughout the day to motivate myself.
Oh my god. I hope it will be okay. Please dont ask me to swim laps and thread water.
Labels: Panic
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
Of thoughts and worrries and about making it all go away
Panic No 1
I quit my job! Yay hurray, please prepare the confetti!
This is a big leap, considering I an afterall, leaving a comfortable job, a routine I have grown so used to for after two years. But I know that, I will leave this company and it is a matter of when. Might as well get it over and done with and on to bigger, newer and more exciting challenges in life.
Although I am not a particular fan of my current (soon to be ex) job, I have to admit it has its perks and fun moments. Unfortunately, it was mundane since I first stepped in. Things were not moving as fast as I thought it would go and I couldn't wait to leave. Thankfully, my colleagues are a bunch of awesome people. Always motivating, willing to help each other out and I think being part of the same generation and having similar backgrounds really helps to bridge any gaps we might have. I am very very thankful for the wonderful people I have met during my course of work.
Besides the worry of a change in environment, I have yet another worry. Inbetween the jobs, I get a two week break. I want to go on a holiday, but I have no one to go with.
Honestly, I don't mind travelling along, the only problem is, my parents mind. So where do I find some travel companions? Most of my friends don't have enough leave because it is so late into the year. I went online to search for travel buddies but everyone just looks very dubious.
Alternatively, I was thinking I could travel to NYC to meet up with David because it is still afterall travelling with a friend? Just that I am not that keen on cities. I want to see stars and majestic nature.
This is the view on my office desk.
Uluru? Yes please! Northern lights? Yes please! Mountains and volcanoes? Yes please!
So I am just very confused now!! Where should I go?! Does anyone know anyone who is willing to travel with me? For two weeks? End Sept? Feeling a bit desperate here.
I need to make a choice soon! Its off in 1 month!
Panic No 2
Upcoming diving trip in Tioman. Oh my god, that is panicking the shit out of me. Namely because I cannot swim far and I have never thread water beyond 1 minute in my life.
Dacia and I were freaking out last night because it was out pool session on Sunday. So freaked out I jioed Casslynn to see if we could go for a practice swim on Friday night.
I think if there wasn't a swimming component it wouldn't be so bad?! I asked my cousin but he said no need to know how to swim just need to be water confident. But I am scared, as are most of my friends. (Luckily so we are all in this together!) What if they ask me to swim 8 laps?! I cannot leh! I need to go and oractise.
Panic at the swimming pool.
But no matter how scared I am, I want to swim with turtles and seals. So fuck it okay, I can do this!
Giving myself numerous prep talks throughout the day to motivate myself.
Oh my god. I hope it will be okay. Please dont ask me to swim laps and thread water.
Labels: Panic
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment