Of being ready, fried chicken and potatoes
Monday, August 25, 2014
I am all excited and terrified about scuba diving in Tioman this weekend.
To get me better prepared, I am readingg again all the theory stuff. I know it will be very different when I am out in open waters but at least I feel a bit more assured if I know what I am doing and what should I do in different scenarios.
Goals for upcoming Tioman trip.
1. Pass the course
2. See turtles
3. Return to Singapore safe and sound
I can do this! 加油我们!
I love youtube, it is filled with so many motivational videos! Think clothesencounters, zoella, sprinkleofglitter and the shaytards!
Recently I have been watching shulikesclothes and her weight loss journey. It is amazing how people can cut out so many yummy things from their diet!
I don't think I can ever cut out fried chicken, koi or bcm in the long term. I will be absolutely miserable. I love my carbs! I love bread and potatoes in all its different forms (minus fries, hate that) and noodles. I just love noodles, especially ban mians and ba chor mees. Oh, and instant noodles. All my favourite food belong to the fat category. On the good side, I dislike a lot of unhealthy food. Fries for one, and I hate fizzy drinks! I make a decent effort to remove the fats from my fried chicken skins because they just gross me out now and I don't like coffee. Bubble tea will be my downfall though. I will drink that shit if I can every single day. Green tea machiato and Ovaltine from Koi cafe is love love love!
Anyway, my point is, I really shouldn't ve eating so unhealthily. I was trying for a period of time but I think I should get back on track for a bit. It is lucky I love my fruit juices and all that healthy blended milk smoothies thing I made. But I really should be eating less fried food. I did a good effort today resisting fried sotong head from Old Chang Kee and got fishballs instead. I guess that is something?
I should start looking at the scales more to get a bit more motivated to cut down to my ideal weight and I have about 2-3 kg to go!
Go me!
Today, someone asked me again why am I always so happy.
I feel that I an generally a happy person because many things make me happy. Eating bread makes me happy because it amazes me how people actually thought to make this delicious goodness from wheat. Listening to TED talks make me happy because I get my mind blown and I always end up learning something amazing. Reading celebrity gossip makes me happy because it is always exciting to see what drama they are up to. Planning my next adventure makes me happy because there are new things to explore and to play and do. Lying down in my bed makes me incredibly happy because why is my bed so fucking comfortable?! Walking past dogs who give me the time of the day makes me happy because I just love dogs.
I get happy easily but I get angry and jealous and upset too. I try not to let these emotions take over me and I go do something happy. My current job makes me very miserable. I am unhappy there and not once in while at work has anyone ever asked me why am I always happy. That shows how sad I am there and how glad I am everywhere else.
Guess life needs to throw some shit at you so we can see the sunshine and glory and happiness in everything else. After work I am just a ball of positive energy! Of course there are sad moments and shitty things but there will be good things too.
Talking about things that make me happy has now made me feel happy. I shall end this post on a good note and go watch some The Mindy Project!
Going to motivate and psych myself up for the things I am afraid of! Go go go!
Labels: Life
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
Of being ready, fried chicken and potatoes
I am all excited and terrified about scuba diving in Tioman this weekend.
To get me better prepared, I am readingg again all the theory stuff. I know it will be very different when I am out in open waters but at least I feel a bit more assured if I know what I am doing and what should I do in different scenarios.
Goals for upcoming Tioman trip.
1. Pass the course
2. See turtles
3. Return to Singapore safe and sound
I can do this! 加油我们!
I love youtube, it is filled with so many motivational videos! Think clothesencounters, zoella, sprinkleofglitter and the shaytards!
Recently I have been watching shulikesclothes and her weight loss journey. It is amazing how people can cut out so many yummy things from their diet!
I don't think I can ever cut out fried chicken, koi or bcm in the long term. I will be absolutely miserable. I love my carbs! I love bread and potatoes in all its different forms (minus fries, hate that) and noodles. I just love noodles, especially ban mians and ba chor mees. Oh, and instant noodles. All my favourite food belong to the fat category. On the good side, I dislike a lot of unhealthy food. Fries for one, and I hate fizzy drinks! I make a decent effort to remove the fats from my fried chicken skins because they just gross me out now and I don't like coffee. Bubble tea will be my downfall though. I will drink that shit if I can every single day. Green tea machiato and Ovaltine from Koi cafe is love love love!
Anyway, my point is, I really shouldn't ve eating so unhealthily. I was trying for a period of time but I think I should get back on track for a bit. It is lucky I love my fruit juices and all that healthy blended milk smoothies thing I made. But I really should be eating less fried food. I did a good effort today resisting fried sotong head from Old Chang Kee and got fishballs instead. I guess that is something?
I should start looking at the scales more to get a bit more motivated to cut down to my ideal weight and I have about 2-3 kg to go!
Go me!
Today, someone asked me again why am I always so happy.
I feel that I an generally a happy person because many things make me happy. Eating bread makes me happy because it amazes me how people actually thought to make this delicious goodness from wheat. Listening to TED talks make me happy because I get my mind blown and I always end up learning something amazing. Reading celebrity gossip makes me happy because it is always exciting to see what drama they are up to. Planning my next adventure makes me happy because there are new things to explore and to play and do. Lying down in my bed makes me incredibly happy because why is my bed so fucking comfortable?! Walking past dogs who give me the time of the day makes me happy because I just love dogs.
I get happy easily but I get angry and jealous and upset too. I try not to let these emotions take over me and I go do something happy. My current job makes me very miserable. I am unhappy there and not once in while at work has anyone ever asked me why am I always happy. That shows how sad I am there and how glad I am everywhere else.
Guess life needs to throw some shit at you so we can see the sunshine and glory and happiness in everything else. After work I am just a ball of positive energy! Of course there are sad moments and shitty things but there will be good things too.
Talking about things that make me happy has now made me feel happy. I shall end this post on a good note and go watch some The Mindy Project!
Going to motivate and psych myself up for the things I am afraid of! Go go go!
Labels: Life
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment