The Opposite of Loneliness
Friday, June 20, 2014
I was super excited about this book because of all the rave reviews.
Finished it in 2 days and I have to say, I was not disappointed. This book touched me in ways that others have not. I usually hate short stories, but this, this was one of a kind.
I liked that the short stories covered a different variety of stories, of different perspectives. It might help that we are of the same, what do you call it? Same generation? Same era? But it is nice seeing someone voice out that difficult place that we are all in. I feel like we, we belong to the same lost generation. Much like many of us born in this time. Our precarious position in society, being pushed into places where we do not want to be, and the delicate balance before we fall and completely lose our ideals and dreams of youth. How much we value our family but yet, the need to fly and leave the nest.
I like that her characters are not pretentious and overly complicated. They seem to be more characters I can relate to.
Sometimes I like the way she ends her stories. The endings are not obvious so it gives you room to think and to imagine. Sometimes they don't feel like a proper ending, but such is life.
What I do not like is that I won't be able to read more of Marina Keegan's works and what more she can write.
I love this book and I will go around promoting it!
Labels: Book review
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
The Opposite of Loneliness
I was super excited about this book because of all the rave reviews.
Finished it in 2 days and I have to say, I was not disappointed. This book touched me in ways that others have not. I usually hate short stories, but this, this was one of a kind.
I liked that the short stories covered a different variety of stories, of different perspectives. It might help that we are of the same, what do you call it? Same generation? Same era? But it is nice seeing someone voice out that difficult place that we are all in. I feel like we, we belong to the same lost generation. Much like many of us born in this time. Our precarious position in society, being pushed into places where we do not want to be, and the delicate balance before we fall and completely lose our ideals and dreams of youth. How much we value our family but yet, the need to fly and leave the nest.
I like that her characters are not pretentious and overly complicated. They seem to be more characters I can relate to.
Sometimes I like the way she ends her stories. The endings are not obvious so it gives you room to think and to imagine. Sometimes they don't feel like a proper ending, but such is life.
What I do not like is that I won't be able to read more of Marina Keegan's works and what more she can write.
I love this book and I will go around promoting it!
Labels: Book review
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment