Of sparkles, rice bowls and movie marathons
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Diet is still going fairly well. Successfully resisted McDonald's yesterday. However ate nachos while watching Maleficient.
Quite liked the movie, but I felt the casting was a little odd. Angelina Jolie didn't fit the character of Maleficent or so I thought. However, Elle Fanning was so sweet and lovely as Aurora. So nice they added little touches like the thorns in the castle just like the fairytale.
On Thursday, had 卤肉饭 for dinner at 8 degrees. The bowl was tiny, omg but for $3.80 I guess it was reasonable? Ordered an egg roll with pork floss to go with it and bubble tea. Food was quite yummy, I feel like flying to Taiwan to just relax and go on a food hunt.
Haven't been eating fruits as regularly as I should so I have to work on that a bit.
Also went for yoga yesterday. Although it was a Hatha Basic class but I am aching from it because Sandeep is a badass instructor who makes basic learners do difficult moves! Very very good! His classes always makes me feel like I got a decent workout. Made plans to go running with Jane on Friday night, but it rained. So I am very glad yesterday's yoga made me sweat in an air conditioned room.
Also caught The Fault In Our Stars last night with Doreen and Dacia! So glad they were keen despite watching Maleficient earlier on.
I am so excited about this movie being a fan of the book.
On of the best book to movie adaptations I have seen. Imagine the thrill when you hear them quote word for word certain lines from the book, just like seeing the book come to life! I an fangirling here! And I got teary eyed during the movie because the actors were fantastic. One thing Dacia agreed on was that we do not like Hazel's hair. While yes, it is described as short in the book, this style really didn't suit Shailene.
However, I felt like people who had not read the book probably won't enjoy it as much.
But honestly, every book to movie adaptation should be like that. Sure, they cut off quite a bit about Augustus' ex girlfriend and much of the interaction between Issac and Hazel which I really enjoyed in the book, but it wasn't outrageous like Harry Potter. I am still very sore and disappointed about that entire film series.
Also, on a good note, got my new sparkly hologram shoes.
Love it!
Labels: Food, movies, shoes
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
Of sparkles, rice bowls and movie marathons
Diet is still going fairly well. Successfully resisted McDonald's yesterday. However ate nachos while watching Maleficient.
Quite liked the movie, but I felt the casting was a little odd. Angelina Jolie didn't fit the character of Maleficent or so I thought. However, Elle Fanning was so sweet and lovely as Aurora. So nice they added little touches like the thorns in the castle just like the fairytale.
On Thursday, had 卤肉饭 for dinner at 8 degrees. The bowl was tiny, omg but for $3.80 I guess it was reasonable? Ordered an egg roll with pork floss to go with it and bubble tea. Food was quite yummy, I feel like flying to Taiwan to just relax and go on a food hunt.
Haven't been eating fruits as regularly as I should so I have to work on that a bit.
Also went for yoga yesterday. Although it was a Hatha Basic class but I am aching from it because Sandeep is a badass instructor who makes basic learners do difficult moves! Very very good! His classes always makes me feel like I got a decent workout. Made plans to go running with Jane on Friday night, but it rained. So I am very glad yesterday's yoga made me sweat in an air conditioned room.
Also caught The Fault In Our Stars last night with Doreen and Dacia! So glad they were keen despite watching Maleficient earlier on.
I am so excited about this movie being a fan of the book.
On of the best book to movie adaptations I have seen. Imagine the thrill when you hear them quote word for word certain lines from the book, just like seeing the book come to life! I an fangirling here! And I got teary eyed during the movie because the actors were fantastic. One thing Dacia agreed on was that we do not like Hazel's hair. While yes, it is described as short in the book, this style really didn't suit Shailene.
However, I felt like people who had not read the book probably won't enjoy it as much.
But honestly, every book to movie adaptation should be like that. Sure, they cut off quite a bit about Augustus' ex girlfriend and much of the interaction between Issac and Hazel which I really enjoyed in the book, but it wasn't outrageous like Harry Potter. I am still very sore and disappointed about that entire film series.
Also, on a good note, got my new sparkly hologram shoes.
Love it!
Labels: Food, movies, shoes
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment