Of ducks, secrets and gelato
Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I can't believe it is Wednesday already! Hello mid-week! 

Met up with Jiayi last evening. I always find it surprising whenever I meet up with friends from university. I kept to myself a lot and didn't bother making friends and knowing anyone so everytime I still meet up with them even after graduation still feels amazing. Like how on earth did I get to be friends with this group of people? They just graciously accepted me as a friend! Of course i have Phoebe to thank for most of them, but still, it takes two hands to clap and one hand to slap.

While waiting for Jiayi, I was walking around Kinokuniya - favourite place to walk around to pass time - and I found this book Lexicon. I have started reading it and I cannot stop. All I kept thinking about at work is how much I want to go home and read what happens next. Hate it when things like that happen. Got to blame it on my impatience on starting the book a few hours before bedtime.

So anyway, we had dinner at Symmetry which was recommended by a friend. And the food was heavenly. 


This is my yummy duck leg confit with risotto and foie gras. So so so delicious, I was in heaven for the entire meal. The duck was crispy and tender and oh so good. It made me feel like crying.

Jiayi had the steak which was a bit too raw I thought but still yummy. But a bit less heavenly than mine. Haha. Just being biased.


This is us. And would you look at that flabby arm of mine. This is why I need my healthy diet, which by the way is going great!

Had a bagel for lunch. My yummy bagel was filled with smoked salmon, ham and cheese. It was so filling I couldn't even finish it. 


I even took the effort to place it in a paper bag! But only because it didn't fit in my adorable $2 daiso lunchbox.

Lunch today was healthy chicken rice and avocado gelato. 


Healthy flavour and less fats just because it is not ice cream but gelato. I even resisted the brownie. So there, diet going well. Wonder what is for dinner tonight though. 

Cannot wait to head home and watch some friends and finish up my book. Exciting times. Favourite part of each day is heading home.
 

Labels: ,

[ 0 comments ]



Go to older posts

Go to newer posts