Lexicon
Saturday, June 7, 2014


Done with this book in two days! 

Really really good read, I loved it! The book was so suspenseful and it was difficult for me to put it down at any point but it was so exciting and I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. 

Lexicon is generally about a world with poets, people who have the power to compel and persuade others with just words. Here, words can act like keys to unlock layers and layers of your brain and you can be commanded to do stuff. The story follows two protagnists, Emily, who is a talented poet and Will, a normal person who is apparently, quite resistant to compulsion.

It was so interesting to finally see how their paths collided and what roles the rest of people had to play. I liked Barry's writing as it was not over pretentious, it was simple and effective. It was not that straight forward but easy enought to figure out so I didn't feel too confused throughout the book. 

I also liked that it had some little twists and turna that made me go ooooh! However, the end could have been more explosive. I was reading and flying theough the book and then I could see that I was nearing the end of book but it didn't feel like I was reaching the end? Like it could have been ended a bit nicer.

Otherwise, such a fantastic read! One of those books that left me feeling a bit empty when I finished it. 

Labels:

[ 0 comments ]



Go to older posts

Go to newer posts