Of Mondays and learning and exploration
Monday, May 12, 2014

Today is a Monday disguised as a Friday! I love public holidays, a mini official off day to break up the monotony of a 5-day work week. 

Hooray, plans for tomorrow include, going to visit the temple, watching movies in ned and cooking Budae Jigae for the family! Easy recipes like that are just the thing for me, throw everything in a big pot and mix and mix. Just like my salsa and my potato salad, I hope this will be a success! 

On a side note, the trains are super empty as I am blogging. Bet everyone has taken half day leave or MC their day away. 

Today, I discovered something new. I always feel exceptionally happy whenever I discover something new, be it a new band, a new show, a new product, a new youtuber etc, I get very happy and excited. 

I think this is one of those little things that drives me forward. The excitement of something new and amazing and it just reminds me of how awesome our world can be. Today while working, (I usually discover a lot of things while working because I feel exceptionally restless and I need to listen to stuff so I can concentrate) I discovered I liked a music of a new band! Well, I was introduced to this band by Zoella, which was The Vamps, and their music is surprisingly good. Can we dance is the track on repeat right now, love happy tunes! 

The TED talks that I listened to today aren't that good. Sometimes I chance upon some absolutely mindblowing content and it really makes me feel like dancing. These talks also remind me to appreciate the things around me a lot more. Think the last talk that I listened to which had such an effect on me was the one by Amanda Burden: How piblic spaces make cities work.  http://www.ted.com/talks/amanda_burden_how_public_spaces_make_cities_work 

See, I am so conflicted now. I grew up in a city and as much as I really want to go run and live in the countryside, I think I will miss living in cities a lot. To think about it, cities require a lot if planning and we never know how we are moulded just by living in a city. Human interactions have transformed as a result of the creation of cities. Sort of like playing The Sims except everything is real. I feel quite lucky sometimes to be living in one of the greatest cities of the world. We sprouted up from nothing to become amazing. The housing plans are incredible, expensive yes, but it is difficult to deny the ingenuity of little houses stacked on top of each other to accomodate the sprawling population. Even the floral and fauna we have has been carefully curated. Read an article somewhere, as much as we want huge spaces, low rise buildings, I guess some sacrifices has to be made to make it liveable as well. The convenicence of shops everywhere, public transportation to anywhere, everything you need from fast food to groceries at every corner of the road, concerts and mega events happening in the city, I wonder if I can really trade all this for the quiet of the countryside. Imagine missing out on all my concerts and F1 races if I lived in the countryside. With its amazing views and tranquility, it also brings with it paranormal encounters and silent murders. Sometimes, I just get very confused with what I want in life. Perhaps  all I need is a huge family and animals to get me used to living in the countryside, 19 kids and counting style. Don't think I can ever birth so many kids, but I would like to love in a huge house with a close knit family and extended family.

Have set up the whatsapp chat to organise the diving expedition to Tioman! So exciting. I think the main reason why I love travelling so much is because I travel, I am constantly discovering new things and experiencing new stuff! 

This is such a rambling post and I have so many thoughts.

My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations.

This is a good quote by John Green to end off this entry. I swear I sound a lot more intellectual and organised when I used to write school papers.

Labels:

[ 0 comments ]



Go to older posts

Go to newer posts