Of jumps and mangoes and muscle aches
Saturday, May 31, 2014

Headed off to the AMPed Trampoline Park along Katong for a fun time with n5girls after work on Friday.


Have to admit, it was a lot more tiring than expected. Who knew boucing around and flying into foam pits could be such hard work! 

Because the place was non-air conditioned, we were drenched in sweat within like 10 minutes. I think all children should have a trampoline experience early on in life. I feel too huge to be able to do backflips and what not. Or am
I just not trying hard enough? 

$18 for 1 hour of play there. Dacia kindly treated us as she got her first pay. (^~^)


We were starving at the end of it. Walked down and we found this nice cafe called a pinch of salt or something along that lines.

I ordered the fish cordon bleu and it was fucking delicious!! It looked deep fried so I was a little sian-ed by that but the fish was yummy, their sauce was absolutely divine. Then I went home and googled the recipe and turns out it is oven baked! Healthy and delicious, this is one of those  incredible inventions in life. 

It is Saturday right now and I am just aching from yesterday's trampoline experience. I went for hot yoga this morning and I think that just added onto the strain on my muscles or something because I just cannot move. But the class this morning was pretty easy so I am a little worried I might have over exerted myself yesterday. 

I made lunch today with a super easy recipe I got off the internet.

Avocado, prawn and mango salad 



Cut up a mango, half an avocado and a handful of cilantro. Dumped in half a tablespoon of olive oil and half a tablespoon of sugar. Squeezed one lime over the top and mixed.  

Seasoned the prawns with garlic salt and cooked them with butter.

Dug a whole in the middle of the other ingredients and poured the prawns right in.


This is really simple and so good for something so healthy. I honestly never imagined the flavours would mix so well together and complement each other so perfectly. 

Also blended the leftover half avocado with milk, a banana and some honey for a smoothie thing. I refuse to put in ice because I am not a fan of ice blended textures. Its easier to just slurp on something creamy and cold rather than freezing and lumpy. 

Since I was in the zone, also made a teatime snack for my dad and grandma. Each of them had half a bagel. Good use of resources! Heh.

Smoked salmon, eggs and cheese bagel


Spread cream cheese on bagel and place one slice of cheese on top. Scramble eggs and finish with smoked salmon pieces.

I think I can recycle this recipe for lunch someday next week. 

Also made dinner for the family today. I am on a roll!

Dinner was tortilla wraps. I made salsa and fried some chicken. Washed lettuces and DIY wraps for everyone! 

Everyone loved it although once again, not sure if they love me or if its really delicious. I was very satisfied though but not all kinds of foods are for everyone.

Labels: ,

[ 0 comments ]



Go to older posts

Go to newer posts