Of food and fats and being healthy
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
My appetite is so voracious of late. I am always so hungry and I overeat. I feel so fat right. When I sit my tummy turns into these little folds and it feels so uncomfortable. When I do certain yoga poses I can feel my fats getting in the way and it seems like a hard sponge is wedged at my waist as I bend down to do the triangle pose or something. It is annoying and I do not like it. Especially if I am sitting down and I really feel as if I am wearing a swim float around my tummy. Yes, it THAT bad.
I was reading something yesterday and it said that the first thing to do when you have goals is to tell someone. So I am just going to write it down here.
I will eat healthier. Youtube videos really help, as I watch my favourite youtubers prepare their meals (which coincidentally happen to all be so healthy?!), I feel really inspired to prepare my own meals to bring to work each day to eat. I did it for a while, but not leaving the office makes working hours impossible long. The bosses also have a no eating rule and coffeeshops generally do not allow patrons to consume outside food. Which makes things a little cumbersome. For now, I think I will just try to snack less and stop doing things like having a fried chicken wing for breakfast in addition to my nutella sandwich. I will also eat less carbs and go for less fatty food. On weekends and whenever I can, I will eat and home and prepare my own meals. I recently found an avocado, shrimp and mango salad recipe which I am quite excited to try out!
This means supermarket shopping!! It can get a bit expensive but I love it! Cooking your own meals is a really fun activity! I think I will also try to make bentos and stuff, not only for me, but for my family as well.
I am also trying to eat more fruits. For the past 2 days, I have been mixing homemade mango yogurt together woth sliced apple chunks for an after dinner dessert. And this morning, I made a detour to have a cup or sunshine juice (orange/pineapple) for breakfast. I really cannot do the whole green juice diet. I will literally puke everything out. If I eat something fatty during the day, I will make up for it by drinking a cup of green tea.
I will also try to exercise more frequently. On weeks that I am uable to go for yoga, I will make up for it with a session with blogilates! I really love Cassey and her videos. I can only work out to her videos and no one else! She is so cheerful and motivating and her moves are so fun! Although they can be quite challenging, it really makes your muscles aches within minutes. So fast and furious. Other workout videos just gets me bored within 2 mins but not Cassey! Her videos also has all these fun challenges and she chats with you about things like nail colours and what she has been up to and I really like that. You sort of get distracted from the pain of the movements. Right now, my muscles are aching from the hot body workout yesterday. Only 17mins but so effectively and easily done from the comfort of my own room!
Ok, now I feel really motivated and good about this new plan of mine. Plus I love porridge so I will try to eatas much of that as possible. Hello skinnier and healthier me!
I am going to end this off with a photo of a yummy and healthy but expensive meal I had last week.
The eggs benedict at Hoshino Coffee is really so damn good. I even loved their greens (but not the tomatoes)! I like food which is yunmy but healthy because it doesn't make me feel fat after that.
Labels: Food, Life, motivation
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
Of food and fats and being healthy
My appetite is so voracious of late. I am always so hungry and I overeat. I feel so fat right. When I sit my tummy turns into these little folds and it feels so uncomfortable. When I do certain yoga poses I can feel my fats getting in the way and it seems like a hard sponge is wedged at my waist as I bend down to do the triangle pose or something. It is annoying and I do not like it. Especially if I am sitting down and I really feel as if I am wearing a swim float around my tummy. Yes, it THAT bad.
I was reading something yesterday and it said that the first thing to do when you have goals is to tell someone. So I am just going to write it down here.
I will eat healthier. Youtube videos really help, as I watch my favourite youtubers prepare their meals (which coincidentally happen to all be so healthy?!), I feel really inspired to prepare my own meals to bring to work each day to eat. I did it for a while, but not leaving the office makes working hours impossible long. The bosses also have a no eating rule and coffeeshops generally do not allow patrons to consume outside food. Which makes things a little cumbersome. For now, I think I will just try to snack less and stop doing things like having a fried chicken wing for breakfast in addition to my nutella sandwich. I will also eat less carbs and go for less fatty food. On weekends and whenever I can, I will eat and home and prepare my own meals. I recently found an avocado, shrimp and mango salad recipe which I am quite excited to try out!
This means supermarket shopping!! It can get a bit expensive but I love it! Cooking your own meals is a really fun activity! I think I will also try to make bentos and stuff, not only for me, but for my family as well.
I am also trying to eat more fruits. For the past 2 days, I have been mixing homemade mango yogurt together woth sliced apple chunks for an after dinner dessert. And this morning, I made a detour to have a cup or sunshine juice (orange/pineapple) for breakfast. I really cannot do the whole green juice diet. I will literally puke everything out. If I eat something fatty during the day, I will make up for it by drinking a cup of green tea.
I will also try to exercise more frequently. On weeks that I am uable to go for yoga, I will make up for it with a session with blogilates! I really love Cassey and her videos. I can only work out to her videos and no one else! She is so cheerful and motivating and her moves are so fun! Although they can be quite challenging, it really makes your muscles aches within minutes. So fast and furious. Other workout videos just gets me bored within 2 mins but not Cassey! Her videos also has all these fun challenges and she chats with you about things like nail colours and what she has been up to and I really like that. You sort of get distracted from the pain of the movements. Right now, my muscles are aching from the hot body workout yesterday. Only 17mins but so effectively and easily done from the comfort of my own room!
Ok, now I feel really motivated and good about this new plan of mine. Plus I love porridge so I will try to eatas much of that as possible. Hello skinnier and healthier me!
I am going to end this off with a photo of a yummy and healthy but expensive meal I had last week.
The eggs benedict at Hoshino Coffee is really so damn good. I even loved their greens (but not the tomatoes)! I like food which is yunmy but healthy because it doesn't make me feel fat after that.
Labels: Food, Life, motivation
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment