Or power, island getaways and my new toy
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
I like standing by the lift buttons, controlling the open and close knobs, determining who gets on the life and who doesn't. How I actually have the power to crush people who do not say thank you or smile at me as I politely hold the door open as you enter this enclosed arena. I never knew I was such a power hungry woman.
On Friday met up with Bryan because I thought he was depressed and need someone to talk to. Turns out he was not and now we are in cahoots to plan a surprise.
Brunch at Relish. I love Serangoon Gardens! It is so full of cool places and the best best part is that it is so close to my house. He also passed me my birthday present which is like 8 months in advance. It was a Kindle Fire.
I have always been a staunch supporter of books! You know, the physical kind but I grew to love the Kindle Fire. Althought the apps thing is quite shit because you can only purchase stuff when you are in the US. I tried changing my country but they sent me a warning email.
I like that I can upload shows on it and torrented books. The battery life on that thing is really fantastic! Having been with the iphone with a battery life of about half a day when watching shows or playing games I really love the battery life of the Kindle Fire. I think I charged it only once so far and I have already watched 3 episodes of 90-min shows and finished one book. <3 maybe I just have low expectations but <3!!
During the short yet long weekend n5girls went over the St John's Island for a picnic. I say short yet long because it is theoretically a long weekend with Good Friday but it just felt way too short.
It feels like so long since it was the 5 of us!
We had a fabulous spread of food! I contributed the potato salad and the salsa. Everyone loved the potato salad! I am very very proud of myself! One of the only things I know how to cook in this world.
The beach was too pretty. Look at my friends enthusiastically spamming selfies.
First thing we did when we reached was to stuff ourselves silly with food. Only after our stomachs were properly filled did we explore the place for a bit and chilled out on the beach.
We had to take a long hike just to get to the beach.
We even got lost on our way!
But it was alright. On our way out there were oodles and oodles of lalang for us to have a photoshoot. So shameless but just take while we are there.
Took the ferry to Kusu Island since it was on the way back to Marina South Pier
The place was prettier than I thought it would be. Plus the place sold ice cold drinks! Love it!
The entire rounabout from MSP to St John's to Kusu Island cost only $18! Quite worth it. Actually they didn't even check our tickets which meant that if we were not law abiding citizens, we could have easily had a ride for free.
Then we went to sing karaoke! Because we are hiong like that. Everyone was stoning already because soaking in the sun has a tendency to make people very very tired. Went for ice cream at favourite ice cream place Merely before heading home. I thought the Breakfast Cereal icecream was already very good, to think the Milk Tea one managed to top that!
Jiale also introduced UberX to us. They had some promotion thing going on and yay! Free rides. Cheap thrills like that are awesome for brightening up a person's life!
Halfway through a 5 day workweek. Just got to hang in there!
Labels: adventure, N5girls
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
Or power, island getaways and my new toy
I like standing by the lift buttons, controlling the open and close knobs, determining who gets on the life and who doesn't. How I actually have the power to crush people who do not say thank you or smile at me as I politely hold the door open as you enter this enclosed arena. I never knew I was such a power hungry woman.
On Friday met up with Bryan because I thought he was depressed and need someone to talk to. Turns out he was not and now we are in cahoots to plan a surprise.
Brunch at Relish. I love Serangoon Gardens! It is so full of cool places and the best best part is that it is so close to my house. He also passed me my birthday present which is like 8 months in advance. It was a Kindle Fire.
I have always been a staunch supporter of books! You know, the physical kind but I grew to love the Kindle Fire. Althought the apps thing is quite shit because you can only purchase stuff when you are in the US. I tried changing my country but they sent me a warning email.
I like that I can upload shows on it and torrented books. The battery life on that thing is really fantastic! Having been with the iphone with a battery life of about half a day when watching shows or playing games I really love the battery life of the Kindle Fire. I think I charged it only once so far and I have already watched 3 episodes of 90-min shows and finished one book. <3 maybe I just have low expectations but <3!!
During the short yet long weekend n5girls went over the St John's Island for a picnic. I say short yet long because it is theoretically a long weekend with Good Friday but it just felt way too short.
It feels like so long since it was the 5 of us!
We had a fabulous spread of food! I contributed the potato salad and the salsa. Everyone loved the potato salad! I am very very proud of myself! One of the only things I know how to cook in this world.
The beach was too pretty. Look at my friends enthusiastically spamming selfies.
First thing we did when we reached was to stuff ourselves silly with food. Only after our stomachs were properly filled did we explore the place for a bit and chilled out on the beach.
We had to take a long hike just to get to the beach.
We even got lost on our way!
But it was alright. On our way out there were oodles and oodles of lalang for us to have a photoshoot. So shameless but just take while we are there.
Took the ferry to Kusu Island since it was on the way back to Marina South Pier
The place was prettier than I thought it would be. Plus the place sold ice cold drinks! Love it!
The entire rounabout from MSP to St John's to Kusu Island cost only $18! Quite worth it. Actually they didn't even check our tickets which meant that if we were not law abiding citizens, we could have easily had a ride for free.
Then we went to sing karaoke! Because we are hiong like that. Everyone was stoning already because soaking in the sun has a tendency to make people very very tired. Went for ice cream at favourite ice cream place Merely before heading home. I thought the Breakfast Cereal icecream was already very good, to think the Milk Tea one managed to top that!
Jiale also introduced UberX to us. They had some promotion thing going on and yay! Free rides. Cheap thrills like that are awesome for brightening up a person's life!
Halfway through a 5 day workweek. Just got to hang in there!
Labels: adventure, N5girls
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment