Of cherry blossoms, sushi and shopping
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Shu Yan's travel adventures - Osaka
2 april 2014 - 10 april 2014
I swear this is the perfect time to visit Osaka.
Here is a summary of my time in Osaka with pictures.
Fucking chio cherry blossoms at Sakuranomiya.
I never expected cherry blossoms to be so pretty. The whole let's chillax at the park to look at flowers vibe is so awesome. Apparently Natsuko says that companies encourage their employees to take this time to bond and this is when new employees join the firm. I was actually thinking why these people were so free since we were there on a weekday.
See, they even have stalls selling barbeques things and candied apples.
Moving on to Kyoto, a place rich in tradition, filled with temples, pavillions, shrines and the Imperial Palace.
Next stop, Nara.
I have always wanted to go to Nara ever since I learnt that free ranging deers roamed the place! Apparently they are thought of as messengers of god so they are sacred in the area.
Turns out these gentle looking creatures can be pretty vicious when you have some deer biscuits on hand. They were biting me to pressure me into giving them their food. Like the ball-less person I am I just hurriedly gave them their food instead of exploting the chance to take a selfie with them. I love them but interacting with animals gives me scars. I still have that scar when the penguin I was hugging pecked me. Totally worth it though. Won't exchange it for the world.
I think this is my most favourite shrine/temple I visited. The Todai-ji in Nara. It was so beautiful there, the grass was green, the lawn was huge, the trees were in full bloon. So pretty!
Sweet potato I bought to feed on while walking. It was damn huge, and costs like SGD 10 plus I think. A tad expensive but it was so good and so sweet. Getting to eat warm food on cold days is seriously one of the best feelings in the world.
Super fluffy but tiny cheesecake. I believe in fluffy cheesecakes rather than the thick, super solid ones.
Strawberry shortcake! The dessert favored by many an anime character.
It was the perfect time to visit Osaka because not only can you see cherry blossoms in full bloom, you can also see snow!
Don't really think this is a common occurence but it snowed while we were in Takayama and Shiragawago. My mum's dream was to go to Shirakawago and see the snow covered thatched roofs and she got her dream! So happy for her and for us. Thank you universe for doing your magic and making dreams come true!!
Took the train from Osaka to Takayama all the way up to the mountains.
View was damn fantastic.
Went for a tour at Takayama which brought us to Shiragawago, a Unesco site about 50 mins away.
When we reached it looked something like that.
Then it began to snow.
And snow.
And snow.
And viola!
#eternallygrateful one of those magical moments where you see your dream come true right in front of you. Mind you, we were there only for about 90mins max!
We are allowed to visit the insides of certain houses for a fee. Was really interesting can't imagine myself living like that. People survived mainly on sericulture and on the production on nitrite. Downside, they were burning charcoal to keep themselves warm so hair smelt like WTFBBQ after the tour and I had to wash my hair when I went back. Such #firstworldproblems I know, but ok, small price to pay considering we had such an amazing experience.
I need to sleep now. My eyelids are so attracted to each other. More next time.
Labels: japan, Travel
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
Of cherry blossoms, sushi and shopping
Shu Yan's travel adventures - Osaka
2 april 2014 - 10 april 2014
I swear this is the perfect time to visit Osaka.
Here is a summary of my time in Osaka with pictures.
Fucking chio cherry blossoms at Sakuranomiya.
I never expected cherry blossoms to be so pretty. The whole let's chillax at the park to look at flowers vibe is so awesome. Apparently Natsuko says that companies encourage their employees to take this time to bond and this is when new employees join the firm. I was actually thinking why these people were so free since we were there on a weekday.
See, they even have stalls selling barbeques things and candied apples.
Moving on to Kyoto, a place rich in tradition, filled with temples, pavillions, shrines and the Imperial Palace.
Next stop, Nara.
I have always wanted to go to Nara ever since I learnt that free ranging deers roamed the place! Apparently they are thought of as messengers of god so they are sacred in the area.
Turns out these gentle looking creatures can be pretty vicious when you have some deer biscuits on hand. They were biting me to pressure me into giving them their food. Like the ball-less person I am I just hurriedly gave them their food instead of exploting the chance to take a selfie with them. I love them but interacting with animals gives me scars. I still have that scar when the penguin I was hugging pecked me. Totally worth it though. Won't exchange it for the world.
I think this is my most favourite shrine/temple I visited. The Todai-ji in Nara. It was so beautiful there, the grass was green, the lawn was huge, the trees were in full bloon. So pretty!
Sweet potato I bought to feed on while walking. It was damn huge, and costs like SGD 10 plus I think. A tad expensive but it was so good and so sweet. Getting to eat warm food on cold days is seriously one of the best feelings in the world.
Super fluffy but tiny cheesecake. I believe in fluffy cheesecakes rather than the thick, super solid ones.
Strawberry shortcake! The dessert favored by many an anime character.
It was the perfect time to visit Osaka because not only can you see cherry blossoms in full bloom, you can also see snow!
Don't really think this is a common occurence but it snowed while we were in Takayama and Shiragawago. My mum's dream was to go to Shirakawago and see the snow covered thatched roofs and she got her dream! So happy for her and for us. Thank you universe for doing your magic and making dreams come true!!
Took the train from Osaka to Takayama all the way up to the mountains.
View was damn fantastic.
Went for a tour at Takayama which brought us to Shiragawago, a Unesco site about 50 mins away.
When we reached it looked something like that.
Then it began to snow.
And snow.
And snow.
And viola!
#eternallygrateful one of those magical moments where you see your dream come true right in front of you. Mind you, we were there only for about 90mins max!
We are allowed to visit the insides of certain houses for a fee. Was really interesting can't imagine myself living like that. People survived mainly on sericulture and on the production on nitrite. Downside, they were burning charcoal to keep themselves warm so hair smelt like WTFBBQ after the tour and I had to wash my hair when I went back. Such #firstworldproblems I know, but ok, small price to pay considering we had such an amazing experience.
I need to sleep now. My eyelids are so attracted to each other. More next time.
Labels: japan, Travel
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment