Of Amity, Dauntless and Candor
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
I am on the bus right now and why does it have a weird smell? Does it come from the bus? Or?
So, I am on the second book of the Divergent series and I was thinking about the factions. Honestly, the way the factions are divided really doesn't make sense to me. People divided based on one trait. I think that is pretty an unfair way to determine a person's life.
If I had the option I think I will probably want to join Amity. I feel like it is sort of a hippir faction, all flowers and peace. Which is a good thing, everyone all chilled. Except, if I were there I might feel a lot of pent up aggression since I can't express my rage at others. Still, I think I prefer this to the rest.
Dauntless? I really don't think so. Jumping into pits and jumping off moving trains are really not my ideas of fun. Neither is wielding knives and shooting bullets. Sure, it is cool but being the weak and muscle-less person I am I would probably be the first knocked out. I value my life. Interesting I kind of want to see what kind of fears I have. I have thought about what a boggart would transform itself into when it sees me. Not being with my family scares me, so does drowning. But when it comes to that one fear, I can't decide.
Candor? I lie too often and too easily.
Erudite? I don't feel smart enough. Neither do I have an unsatiable thirst for knowledge. I learn fast and memorising stuff can be a bit torturous.
Abnegation? Not selfess enough.
See? The problem with factions like that, you tend to focus on all the things you lack.
I like to believe I have a bit of each and that these tiny parts will surface when I require their strength.
Labels: Books
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
Of Amity, Dauntless and Candor
I am on the bus right now and why does it have a weird smell? Does it come from the bus? Or?
So, I am on the second book of the Divergent series and I was thinking about the factions. Honestly, the way the factions are divided really doesn't make sense to me. People divided based on one trait. I think that is pretty an unfair way to determine a person's life.
If I had the option I think I will probably want to join Amity. I feel like it is sort of a hippir faction, all flowers and peace. Which is a good thing, everyone all chilled. Except, if I were there I might feel a lot of pent up aggression since I can't express my rage at others. Still, I think I prefer this to the rest.
Dauntless? I really don't think so. Jumping into pits and jumping off moving trains are really not my ideas of fun. Neither is wielding knives and shooting bullets. Sure, it is cool but being the weak and muscle-less person I am I would probably be the first knocked out. I value my life. Interesting I kind of want to see what kind of fears I have. I have thought about what a boggart would transform itself into when it sees me. Not being with my family scares me, so does drowning. But when it comes to that one fear, I can't decide.
Candor? I lie too often and too easily.
Erudite? I don't feel smart enough. Neither do I have an unsatiable thirst for knowledge. I learn fast and memorising stuff can be a bit torturous.
Abnegation? Not selfess enough.
See? The problem with factions like that, you tend to focus on all the things you lack.
I like to believe I have a bit of each and that these tiny parts will surface when I require their strength.
Labels: Books
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment