5 Star Billionaire
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This is the book I am currently reading. Was initially debating whether to get this or The Rosie Project but I felt The Rosie Project might not be worth my money and this book had a really nice cover.
It has been a really good read so far. Easy to read and I haven't had to urge to put it down unless I am completely exhausted. Provides quite a refreshing view of immigrant life in Shanghai and the characters are quite interesting.
Well halfway through the book, Gary (Which I thought was a reference to 曹格, being all from Malaysia and alcoholic but okay, Tash Aw made some differences) references Selina from S.H.E as someone with a kitsch kind of appeal.
I love S.H.E. They are my childhood idols please so I am completely thrilled that an English book is referencing them. I mean, it is chopped off in the photo but her name appeared alongside Aaron Kwok and Jacky Cheung okay.
My appreciation for the book has gone up x73928. Yes, I have a very simple brain like that but I appreciate the reference to Mandopop in an English book especially my all time favourite girl band.
Usually the idols in the books that I read are refered to ficticious handsome guys, rich models, beautiful actresses and they all end up together with the protaganist or are the protaganist so yes, I am glad here.
Just needed to share.
I also love it when my favourite tv shows reference pop culture. Heehee like Big Bang Theory or Supernatural. Love love love it!!
Labels: Books
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
5 Star Billionaire
This is the book I am currently reading. Was initially debating whether to get this or The Rosie Project but I felt The Rosie Project might not be worth my money and this book had a really nice cover.
It has been a really good read so far. Easy to read and I haven't had to urge to put it down unless I am completely exhausted. Provides quite a refreshing view of immigrant life in Shanghai and the characters are quite interesting.
Well halfway through the book, Gary (Which I thought was a reference to 曹格, being all from Malaysia and alcoholic but okay, Tash Aw made some differences) references Selina from S.H.E as someone with a kitsch kind of appeal.
I love S.H.E. They are my childhood idols please so I am completely thrilled that an English book is referencing them. I mean, it is chopped off in the photo but her name appeared alongside Aaron Kwok and Jacky Cheung okay.
My appreciation for the book has gone up x73928. Yes, I have a very simple brain like that but I appreciate the reference to Mandopop in an English book especially my all time favourite girl band.
Usually the idols in the books that I read are refered to ficticious handsome guys, rich models, beautiful actresses and they all end up together with the protaganist or are the protaganist so yes, I am glad here.
Just needed to share.
I also love it when my favourite tv shows reference pop culture. Heehee like Big Bang Theory or Supernatural. Love love love it!!
Labels: Books
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment