Of paintings and challenges and being grateful
Saturday, March 15, 2014

This has been sort of a rough week at work. Feeling a bit alone as I have to shoulder the bulk of the work. But it is okay, I have learnt to be appreciative of colleagues who will help me out with the other stuff and help me send emails when I am not in the office. So its okay, I feel a lot better after thinking this way. 

Still it can't be rougher than what is going on with the missing MAS airplane. That is terrifying and sad and tragic all at the same time. Best case scenario, hijacked and got flown into a remote island where everyone will set up a village and be a self sufficient commnuity unless the world discovers them living well and looking to see their families again. Worst case scenario, I don't want to think about it because such things freak me out.

Anyway, I don't know if it is age or I am now a lot more informed about current affairs but the budget debate is very interesting. I like seeing how the government is taking steps to improve our lives. So far, I am an ardent supporter of more public art because I would like to see a more vibrant and colourful city. I want buildings to be covered in pretty paintings. They can be commissoned works or graffiti as long as they are not offensive or worse, fugly. 

Example:



See so nice right. And I know for a fact that Singaporeans can do amazing work. Culturepush captures quite a bit of great work done by Singporeans and it really is mindblowing. 

So yes, I want to see nice art everywhere. I did mural painting for hdb blocks as part of CIP in JC and i wished some sch did it for my block as part of their orogramme too. So chio!! 

I am also very happy about the pioneer generation package thing because my grandma gets to benefit. This is very important especially for the needy elderly in Singapore because a lot of them might refuse treatment on the reason that it is costly. Now all from the pioneer generation get to enjoy health benefits, they can enjoy dental care and medication and all sorts of stuff without getting weighed down by costs. Plus, they will be okay and covered for the rest of their life based on money generated from our country in one single year. Its nice to see all your taxes paid going into worthy policies that are good for society on the whole. 

This week, celebrated Cheryl and Feli's birthday at Habitat.


Must take photo if cake first obviously. This is more important than making a wish and blowing out the candles in today's society.

Food there smelt amazing, especially the pasta. Cannot comment on taste since I went for the Belgian Waffle which was not that fantastic. Apparently their coffee there is awesome.

Had Mookata at Thomson with n3girls. Like what jiale said the other 2 were busy with solo activities. 


So much food!!! And we went for buffet. So explode explode!!!


Then we moved on to Salted Caramel for more talks.

Absolutely adore late night conversations.

Woke up bright and early for docent duty today! Got to groom Fragrante with Frederick. Love getting to know the nice keepers! 

Went for yoga and just really freakinh hungry nowwww.

Need. To. Eat.

Labels: ,

[ 0 comments ]



Go to older posts

Go to newer posts