Most delicious CNY goodies in 2014
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Since I am sick and cannot feast on CNY goodies, I will spazz over them in writing.
1. Deep fried crabsticks
These are the ones that my grandma made this year. They are not that yummy tbh but last year's one? That was fucking delicious!! And since this did not live up to standard I went to Chinatown and bought myself 1 whole container. Which finished before Chinese New Year even started because it was that addicitive. The best ones are the thick big pieces, which probably absorbed the most oil and hence, the MOST delicious! I really don't know who was the genius who thought of peeling them layer by layer into hot oil but that was simply genius! Thank you o clever one for imparting your wisdom to us!
2. Almond cookies
Ok, I really don't know what these are called but my grandma makes these every year and I am sure there are made of almond powder somehow. Anyway, these things are the best. They are sweet and crumbly and it doesn't taste fattening at all. Maybe cause there are baked not fried. This used to be all time number one cny goodie before fried crabsticks came along. However, I am sure once the novelty of that wears off I will be back to loving this again. I remembered one year I was so fupset because there weren't enough for my family as my aunt had given them all away. I wasn't even upset, I was Fupset ok.
3. Prawn rolls
Crispy popiah skin with a spicy filling. How can people not love this?! All time favourite! Ignoring all the articles about how unhealthy this is and how 10 of these equals the calorie intake of one day. My only gripe with this is that I tend to get sore throats easily whenever I spam this so yeah, that kind of sucks. Especially since my hand cannot stop delivering the little rolls to my mouth. I wish there was a plentiful supply of this all year round in my house. Came across prawn rolls with skin that had gone all soft instead of crispy skin and it is disgusting! Like please don't sell such things!
4. Cereal cookies
Again, not sure what is the official name but I am going to go with cereal cookies since there are cereal flakes on top. New find this year from the bakery near my office. This is really quite nice and it literally melts in your mouth. I like that it is not coyingly sweet and that it is sold at a reasonable price.
And that is my list of awesome things that I am feasting on this new year!
Labels: chinese new year, Food
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
Most delicious CNY goodies in 2014
Since I am sick and cannot feast on CNY goodies, I will spazz over them in writing.
1. Deep fried crabsticks
These are the ones that my grandma made this year. They are not that yummy tbh but last year's one? That was fucking delicious!! And since this did not live up to standard I went to Chinatown and bought myself 1 whole container. Which finished before Chinese New Year even started because it was that addicitive. The best ones are the thick big pieces, which probably absorbed the most oil and hence, the MOST delicious! I really don't know who was the genius who thought of peeling them layer by layer into hot oil but that was simply genius! Thank you o clever one for imparting your wisdom to us!
2. Almond cookies
Ok, I really don't know what these are called but my grandma makes these every year and I am sure there are made of almond powder somehow. Anyway, these things are the best. They are sweet and crumbly and it doesn't taste fattening at all. Maybe cause there are baked not fried. This used to be all time number one cny goodie before fried crabsticks came along. However, I am sure once the novelty of that wears off I will be back to loving this again. I remembered one year I was so fupset because there weren't enough for my family as my aunt had given them all away. I wasn't even upset, I was Fupset ok.
3. Prawn rolls
Crispy popiah skin with a spicy filling. How can people not love this?! All time favourite! Ignoring all the articles about how unhealthy this is and how 10 of these equals the calorie intake of one day. My only gripe with this is that I tend to get sore throats easily whenever I spam this so yeah, that kind of sucks. Especially since my hand cannot stop delivering the little rolls to my mouth. I wish there was a plentiful supply of this all year round in my house. Came across prawn rolls with skin that had gone all soft instead of crispy skin and it is disgusting! Like please don't sell such things!
4. Cereal cookies
Again, not sure what is the official name but I am going to go with cereal cookies since there are cereal flakes on top. New find this year from the bakery near my office. This is really quite nice and it literally melts in your mouth. I like that it is not coyingly sweet and that it is sold at a reasonable price.
And that is my list of awesome things that I am feasting on this new year!
Labels: chinese new year, Food
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment