The best of times, the worst of times
Thursday, January 2, 2014
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. That aptly summed up 2013 for me.
It was the year I discovered that the ideals of life and adulthood I had all my life was just a terrible illusion. Sure, I knew it was a dark world, people fight, there were politics, everything was a play of power, deep dark secrets everywhere, evil things that people do for money. Still, I didn't expect to feel so senseless and lost in this world. This was the year, I had one very important dream crushed and after that, I just felt very lost. I still have no idea where I am heading towards, what I am looking for. There really has to be more to life than just this. Working to make help corporations earn money, for the benefit of a few rich people? Having to do things which I don't believe for the sake of keeping a job? Wasting time in a little cubicle, stuck there even when i have nothing to do so I spend all day on brit co and buzzfeed and nonsense sites? I am just living each day at a time, forcing myself to get through one day at a time. I don't look forward to going to work, feeling like a puppet of clients and bosses. All in all, I am just generally a very miserable person this year.
In the midst of being a sad and lonely person, at least I managed to accomplish quite a few things that have made the yesr a whole lot better.
I got to experience being a zookeeper for 2 of the best days of my life through volunteering as a docent. That was the dream that got crushed as well because apparently I am 'overqualified' like what the fuck does that even mean? Not like I despise your measly pay, I am totally okay with that and willingly and happy to take up such a offer should you offer me dich a position. Why WRS, why? Anyway, yes I got to work with seals and penguins and it was awesome. Totally challenging but totally worth it. Couldn't have asked for better zookeepers to teach me along!
In 2013, I also went on a shitload of holidays and that made me very happy. Beingg able to travel with the money I made (oh the irony!) is an accomplishement. I went to Bali, Phuket, Batam, Vietnam and Perth! Mostly with friends which made travelling a whole new experience that I am used to!
Bali with Jiayi and Phoebe!
Phuket with Doreen and Peimei!
Batam with n5girls and Farahnina!
HCMC with Casslynn and Tzekai!
And perth with the family.
Iloved perth so mich, ot was so awesome!
And all the miscellaneous activities that i managed to accomplish, meeting David Coulthard and Susie Wolff from F1, going to Big Bang's F1 concert, meeting the lovely Super Junior boys again, playing with fallabellas, hedgehogs and stick insects, seeing a baby flamingo take its first steps as a docent, going for the Color Run, going to a S.H.E concert and seeing them all reunited again :'( and not forgetting all the meet ups I have had with friends.
Those were the things that kept me sane throughout the year. Although it was a generally very sad year, about 17% was spend in happiness and adventures at least.
Ended off the year with a party.
Something different from the rest of my life.
Siloso beach party!!
For 2014, I wish that I will be a happier person, less moody and less cynical about life. I don't want to stop dreaming and I hope nobody else ever managed to crush me.
I will x739282 the awesome part of 2013 to make 2014 a better year and lead a happier life.
I will watch more shows, go on more holidays and eat more good food to achieve that!
Fuck work and all the misery it has given me. I feel more lost than ever, but with good tv shows and good food, I can grt through life, not excited and happy but bearable at least.
Labels: holiday, Resolution
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
The best of times, the worst of times
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. That aptly summed up 2013 for me.
It was the year I discovered that the ideals of life and adulthood I had all my life was just a terrible illusion. Sure, I knew it was a dark world, people fight, there were politics, everything was a play of power, deep dark secrets everywhere, evil things that people do for money. Still, I didn't expect to feel so senseless and lost in this world. This was the year, I had one very important dream crushed and after that, I just felt very lost. I still have no idea where I am heading towards, what I am looking for. There really has to be more to life than just this. Working to make help corporations earn money, for the benefit of a few rich people? Having to do things which I don't believe for the sake of keeping a job? Wasting time in a little cubicle, stuck there even when i have nothing to do so I spend all day on brit co and buzzfeed and nonsense sites? I am just living each day at a time, forcing myself to get through one day at a time. I don't look forward to going to work, feeling like a puppet of clients and bosses. All in all, I am just generally a very miserable person this year.
In the midst of being a sad and lonely person, at least I managed to accomplish quite a few things that have made the yesr a whole lot better.
I got to experience being a zookeeper for 2 of the best days of my life through volunteering as a docent. That was the dream that got crushed as well because apparently I am 'overqualified' like what the fuck does that even mean? Not like I despise your measly pay, I am totally okay with that and willingly and happy to take up such a offer should you offer me dich a position. Why WRS, why? Anyway, yes I got to work with seals and penguins and it was awesome. Totally challenging but totally worth it. Couldn't have asked for better zookeepers to teach me along!
In 2013, I also went on a shitload of holidays and that made me very happy. Beingg able to travel with the money I made (oh the irony!) is an accomplishement. I went to Bali, Phuket, Batam, Vietnam and Perth! Mostly with friends which made travelling a whole new experience that I am used to!
Bali with Jiayi and Phoebe!
Phuket with Doreen and Peimei!
Batam with n5girls and Farahnina!
HCMC with Casslynn and Tzekai!
And perth with the family.
Iloved perth so mich, ot was so awesome!
And all the miscellaneous activities that i managed to accomplish, meeting David Coulthard and Susie Wolff from F1, going to Big Bang's F1 concert, meeting the lovely Super Junior boys again, playing with fallabellas, hedgehogs and stick insects, seeing a baby flamingo take its first steps as a docent, going for the Color Run, going to a S.H.E concert and seeing them all reunited again :'( and not forgetting all the meet ups I have had with friends.
Those were the things that kept me sane throughout the year. Although it was a generally very sad year, about 17% was spend in happiness and adventures at least.
Ended off the year with a party.
Something different from the rest of my life.
Siloso beach party!!
For 2014, I wish that I will be a happier person, less moody and less cynical about life. I don't want to stop dreaming and I hope nobody else ever managed to crush me.
I will x739282 the awesome part of 2013 to make 2014 a better year and lead a happier life.
I will watch more shows, go on more holidays and eat more good food to achieve that!
Fuck work and all the misery it has given me. I feel more lost than ever, but with good tv shows and good food, I can grt through life, not excited and happy but bearable at least.
Labels: holiday, Resolution
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment