Ted talks
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
So, my new thing to annihilate boredom at work is to play Ted talks in the background while I carry on my mundane, mind numbing work. Funnily enough, they do sound like most of my Sociology lectures at NUS. Maybe thats why I don't sleep in lectures, because they are that interesting! I miss university life, more for what I was learning than social activities. Most of them (ted talks) are thought provoking and mind blowing. I absolutely love it when I hear things from a different perspective, or when the guest speakers bring to attention certain subjects.
And while I am doing stupid excel shits, I get to learn new stuff as well. A far more brilliant use of my time!
Anyway, one of speakers I was listening to was from Improv Everywhere. I love their videos on youtube! Absurdity is a funny thing. It separates one from the other and yet connects strangers. It made me think of that time I saw a woman dancing on the train and how I was uncontrollably trying not to laugh. And when you see others trying the same, you instantly feel a strange sense of solidarity with them. Weird huh but I never thought of it this way before.
P/s: omg i really hate clients from hell and this bus smells.
Go to older posts
Go to newer posts
Ted talks
So, my new thing to annihilate boredom at work is to play Ted talks in the background while I carry on my mundane, mind numbing work. Funnily enough, they do sound like most of my Sociology lectures at NUS. Maybe thats why I don't sleep in lectures, because they are that interesting! I miss university life, more for what I was learning than social activities. Most of them (ted talks) are thought provoking and mind blowing. I absolutely love it when I hear things from a different perspective, or when the guest speakers bring to attention certain subjects.
And while I am doing stupid excel shits, I get to learn new stuff as well. A far more brilliant use of my time!
Anyway, one of speakers I was listening to was from Improv Everywhere. I love their videos on youtube! Absurdity is a funny thing. It separates one from the other and yet connects strangers. It made me think of that time I saw a woman dancing on the train and how I was uncontrollably trying not to laugh. And when you see others trying the same, you instantly feel a strange sense of solidarity with them. Weird huh but I never thought of it this way before.
P/s: omg i really hate clients from hell and this bus smells.
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment