Being grateful
Monday, December 30, 2013

I like the little moments in life where I feel so overwhelming grateful for what I have. 

Its the moment where I take a bite of a freshly baked bread. I will never fail to be amazed by the softness, the fluffiness and the sweet taste of it and how it can turn from wheat. Who the hell invented this?! Why did they think these golden strands of tall grass can be made into such delicious, enriching bread?!

Or the moment where I sink my teeth into some deep fried chicken. How can it be so juicy, so crispy and filled with joy!! And I will feel so thankful for the chicken which gave up its life for me. I know it is a horrible thing, but I am selfish and fried chicken makes me deliriously happy in a way no vegetable can.

I will forever be grateful to subbers on the internet. Where would I be without the subbers of the internet who work so tirelessly to sub foreign language shows?! I would be nothing without them and feel emptiness in my life! And probably just feed off Taiwan idol dramas and Chinese dynasty shows. 

Everytime I crack open Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, I think what an amazing genius JK is. How beautiful is that story, how clever the storyline. So amazing!

Yes, I do like these little moments in life. It makes me feel like life is worth loving and that I am so lucky to be able to enjoy all this.

Other little moments in life that I have felt overwhelming grateful:

1) walking home alone on the streets at night and not feeling scared (thankful for the security that Singapore has)
2) watching shit happen to other countries on the news (lucky that our government while not perfect still actually does its best or appears to actually work for the people and try to improve problems when shit actually happen although I think alternate solutions can be considered)
3) for tumblr and omona which has provided me with a legit place to spazz over my fandoms
4) the little goats and baby animals on the internet that made me forget all my problems and made me melt a little inside
5) a trip to Disneyland which I cannot thanks Walt Disney enough. That man created a kingdom of magical happiness, thank you!
6) eating any delicious food actually gets me feeling all grateful and blessed 
7) having nice cool weather in sunny singapore, like weather why u so perfect todayz?!
8) etc.
[ 0 comments ]



Go to older posts

Go to newer posts